Young Artist of the Year 2014 Entry FormBefore you Submit your entry…
Please refer to the formal Competition Rules, especially the following sections. Additional details are included here for your information.
- All submitted entries require the competitor’s acceptance of the Rules of Entry, an acceptance check box needs to be ticked in order to enter the competition (see below).
- Closing Date. Complete the Entry Form with uploads of your photograph and the photograph of your artwork (NOTE: these are both required for submission) by 20 February 2015. This form will be deactivated at 1700 (ICT) on that date.
- Photograph of Artwork—Specifications. It is up to the artist to ensure that the best quality photograph of the artwork is uploaded but it must adhere to the following specifications. Photographs should adhere to a fixed pixel size (843 x 504 or 504 x 843 px) resolution (72 px/in) and a maximum upload size of 2MB. [Why this size and resolution? The size is the optimum size for reproduction on FaceBook pages, and this year ROSLT wants to ensure consistency in the presentation and technical specifications of photographs submitted for a fair judging process. The entry form will not permit any submission over 2MB and ideally files should be far below this size.]
- Photograph of Artist. For ROSLT identification purposes, a scanned passport-type photograph must be submitted with entries. This photograph will ONLY be used for confirmation of identity at the semi-final stage and will not be part of the judging process (all artworks are only identified by a reference number during the judging process).
- Retouching. Whilst adjustments to lighting, color balance and exposure etc are acceptable all photographs should provide a true likeness of the entry, therefore other forms of image enhancement (clone stamps, retouching, creative filters etc) are not permitted. Images will be examined for signs of such enhancements, especially during the semi-final stage.
- Filename. The photograph needs to be named according to the following format <Surname-YA2014-xx-xx-14.ext> where xx-xx are day and month in the date you submit your entry and “.ext” is the file extension of your photograph, which can be .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, or .png depending on output from your camera/editing program.
- Problems with File Submissions. If you are genuinely unable to make the necessary adjustments to your photograph we may be able to help you, so please contact us…
- Review of and Validation of Entry. You will receive an email from ROSLT within 5 days of posting your entry providing you with a reference number only if the submission is all in order. If the entry requires revision, you will be asked to make adjustments before the entry can be accepted and a reference number given. This number will be needed if your artwork is selected for the semi-finals.
- If you have not received an email from ROSLT within 5 days of posting your entry, send us an email via our contact page…